Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting Close.

So, getting ready for film festivals is a full time job. With no pay. With this being our first major film festival, I wonder if we've done all that we can to prepare. We've read and read all about different strategies, studied books, read a bunch of blogs (Joe Swanberg has some great advice) and talked to as many filmmakers as we could have. But you still wonder if it's enough!

We've made a lot of mistakes so far, and I'm sure we'll make a lot more, but it's all part of the process I suppose. It's a fun experience. We are getting really really excited for Cinequest though. Hopefully people will come to our screenings.

At least my mom will be there. So now we only need to worry about getting 299 more people to attend.

Rhetty

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. I love every post. I read them over and over every day.

    I can't wait to see "Billy" on the big screen. You will fill the house. And you will get a standing O.......at least from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Billy Was A Deaf Kid ! It cracked me up so much !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did everything RIGHT. You got everyone at the festival excited about your film, using that couch (and rides and photos!) for promotion was genius, you contacted bloggers before the film, you hung out and had fun with us throughout the festival, and you're three of the nicest people I've ever met. I hope you had fun and return to Cinequest with another film one day!

    ReplyDelete